The Maui Coast Guard Auxiliary are comprised of volunteers committed to boating safety. They help to save lives and property and assist the United States Coast Guard.
The Maui Coast Guard Auxiliary offer educational boating classes for Hawaii boaters with an emphasis on safe boating. The U. S. Coast Guard Auxiliary's "About Boating Safely" course covers:
- General information about boats and maintenance
- Information on preparing for safe and enjoyable outings
- Navigation rules and aids to navigation
- Guidelines for operating your boat or PWC safely
- What to do in case of boating emergencies
- State-specific laws and regulations you must follow
The Maui Coast Guard Auxiliary also offer vessel safety checks on the island of Maui at a variety of locations by appointment and scheduled inspections at two boat ramps.
The Maui Coast Guard Auxiliary is located in Maalaea, Maui, Hawaii and current boating classes are taught in the Seaflight Building at the end of the breakwater at Maalaea Harbor on the island of Maui, Hawaii.
Maui Coast Guard Auxiliary
Sea Flight Building Maalaea Harbor